Manifest Joy and Contentment in Your Life
by Curt Remington
So, what’s the big Secret to The Law of Attraction? I’ll briefly share my take on that, along with giving you a great example of this working in my life. The Law of Attraction says that we tend to manifest into our lives that which we think about. If we think about negative things, we’ll manifest more misery into our lives, and if we focus our thoughts on the positive, we’ll manifest more joy and good stuff into our lives.
Many people think events in their life are completely random, nothing more than dumb luck. What difference could it possibly make what we think about? It matters a lot what we think. Most of us have a viewpoint of the world based on Newtonian physics, created back in 1687. Quantum physics has been around for over a hundred years, but scientists are far from fully understanding it. They have discovered that everything is made of energy. I know a lot of the things in our world seem pretty solid, like a rock. Well, a rock is made of molecules, which are made of atoms. When you look more closely at an atom, it’s made of even smaller things, like quarks, leptons and electrons.
Through experiments, like the Thomas Young Double Slit Experiment, scientists have concluded that these tiny subatomic particles are actually energy. These tiny things (like quarks, leptons, and electrons) behave as energy in their natural state, then behaves as a particle when they’re observed. In other words, this energy/particle stuff that everything is made of responds to our thoughts.
I’ve been trained in clairvoyance and energy healing, where we learned that through thoughts or conscious intention, you can do all kinds of thing with energy, like move energy, heal and create things out of energy on higher dimension planes. These things we create on higher dimension planes can eventually manifest into our physical life. For instance, you might visualize a new television, creating one through your visualization on a higher dimension plane and eventually manifesting one into your physical life. This doesn’t typically happen immediately. That’s probably a good thing, because we don’t always want to manifest what we’re thinking about. We could end up manifesting some terrible things into our lives. For example, every time you heard one of those pharmaceutical company ads, you’d be in danger of manifesting some new illness into your life.
To manifest good things, through the law of attraction, you need to:
- Decide on what you want in life.
- Focus your thoughts on what you do what, rather than on what you don’t want. Imagine already having it, and feel the feelings that would go with that.
- Raise your vibration, to bring it more in alignment with the higher vibration spiritual planes.
These steps aren’t as easy as they sound, or everyone would be living in a mansion. There are three tools that will help us think more positively and raise our vibration.
- Gratitude- In a study by Dr. Robert Emmons, he discovered that people who focus on gratitude for what they have in their lives are 25% happier, are more optimistic about their lives and future. They even slept better at night. This is an easy way to create positive thoughts, raise your vibration, and manifest more wonderful things to be grateful for.
- Affirmations- In Louise Hay’s book, You Can Heal Your Life, she emphasizes affirmations as a way to bring about change in your life. When I first read the book, I was skeptical about how much difference affirmations could make. After surgery for prostate cancer, I discovered that affirmations can be a very powerful tool for moving your thoughts in a positive direction.
- Meditation- In my own book, Simple Meditation, I emphasize the importance of grounding and running your energies, as key exercises for letting go of stress, releasing energy blocks, and raising your vibration.
I’ve read a variety of good books on The Law of Attraction, but my favorite is Ask and It is Given, by Esther and Jerry Hicks. The information in the book is really from Abraham, as channeled through Esther Hicks. They’ve also got a variety of cd’s DVD’s and other books. The movie, The Secret, will give you a brief overview, but it doesn’t really provide enough substance, oversimplifying things a bit.
One of my personal examples of the law of attraction in action started with my interest in wood kayaks. I’d sold my powerboat and wanted a substantial kayak for getting out to the San Juan Islands. Polyethylene or fiberglass are the usual material choices, but I came across a website that talked about hand-made fiberglass over wood kayaks. Not only are they beautiful, but they are as strong as fiberglass and 25% lighter. The creator of this website had started with a kit and did beautiful wood inlays on his first two kayaks, I decided that if I ever built one, I’d like to do that too. Over the course of a year, I concluded that I didn’t have the time to build one, but I visited a variety of websites, looking at lots of wood kayaks, many with inlays.
Spring came, and I found an appealing sounding kayak on Craigslist. I took it for a test paddle and bought it. Later that day, I found the builder’s name inside, so I did a Google search. My search brought me right back to the website that got me interested in wood kayaks in the first place. On the website, I found a picture of the builder standing and holding my kayak. I realized it was the kayak I’d seen in that first article I’d read. All my thinking about wood kayaks with inlays managed to manifest the kayak that had got me interested in wood kayaks in the first place. It’s beautiful and an absolute dream to paddle.
What would you like the law of attraction to manifest into your life? Keep in mind that this doesn’t just apply to physical things. You can use these techniques to manifest good relationships, health, or happiness.